Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cliffs Galore!


Prepare yourself.

You are about to see one of the most breathtaking places in the world.
















Did you survive?

Because I almost didn't- literally. The moment I walked around a wall and saw the first set of cliffs in front of me, I think I forgot to breathe for a minute. 

The strongest winds of my life didn't exactly help either. At one point, my colleague and I were stuck because the wind was just too strong to walk forward. At other points we could float at a 45 degree angle from the earth!

To get to St. Abbs National Nature Reserve, you have to drive along narrow and windy country roads with the ocean in sight at almost all times. Talk about the best road trip ever!

The reserve had a path winding you along the cliffs, through little valleys, and right next to the water. Please tell me that if you ever make it to Scotland, you will go to St. Abbs.

Honestly though, I have never seen a place quite like this before. I had one of those moments where you think wow, I'm just one little speck in this giant, vast, beautiful world. It was a perfect time for reflection on my trip so far and what is yet to come from my time here and beyond. A time that reminded me how the possibilities in life are endless. 

Just like those cliffs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment