Tuesday, March 4, 2014

North Berwick and Ireland

So here is another post about my weekend adventures. You might be curious how my internship is going and what exactly I have been doing, but never fear! That post is coming later this week.

Remember how I mentioned North Berwick? Well I can officially add it to my list of top favorite places in the world.

Not only is it a perfectly quaint little beach town filled with sand, gardens, shops, parks, and benches galore, but it holds some of my fondest memories of my trip so far.

I was spoiled for a day with my colleagues as they drove me there and shared with me all the special places of North Berwick!






After exploring the parks and gardens, we went to Tantallon Castle, which are now maintained ruins.

The castle was constructed right on a cliff next to the water. My pictures simply don't do the views justice.
















From the castle on, we went to lunch at a darling cafe and then explored the beaches and cliffs!




And then there was this perfect moment.


The weekend following North Berwick was spent in Dublin, Ireland!

For years it has been a dream to visit Ireland and the scenery was just as pretty as I imagined.

The people in Ireland are quite friendly, with the occasional impossibly thick accent. So far, the easiest accent to understand would be english, then followed by irish and scottish.

The city wasn't quite like I imagined. I pictured old buildings similar to Edinburgh with green things everywhere. Generally, the city didn't feel very old and it really wasn't all that colorful. I still enjoyed it nonetheless! Therefore I spent my time exploring a couple parks, the zoo, the Guinness Factory, restaurants, went to some horse races and took a wonderful castle and coast tour!

Phoenix Park:








The Guinness Factory:




At the top we got to pour our own pint and enjoy it on the top of a building in a bar surrounded by glass!


The Malahide and Coast Tour:

The tour drove us to Malahide Castle and the surrounding gardens, along the coast, up to some cliffs, and to a village in the harbor.

Malahide castle is beautiful and the most animated tour so far!















Steeple Chasing!

Even though I didn't have a fancy hat, the races were fun to watch!




And here is the best restaurant of my entire trip.

You sit on saddles. And yes, you are also surrounded by pictures of bison. Seriously, could that be any more awesome?!


Overall, my Ireland dream was almost fulfilled- I still long to see more of the country side!

I have been extremely privileged to be able to see so many beautiful places and to have a workplace that is so encouraging of me seeing everything that I possibly can.

And with that I'm onto more adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment